Time: 45 minutes to make and serves 4
- 1 bundle of OrganicLacinato Kale
- 1 OrganicGranny Smith Apple
- Fresh ParmigianoReggiano
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 ½ cups of walnuts
Dressing Ingredient List:
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Black Pepper
- Remove the kale stems by running a knife along each side of the stem so you’re left with just the leafy part. Stack the leaves and slice into thin strips.
- Next, cut the apple into match sticks. Halve and core the apple and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Stack the apple slices and cut into thin match sticks.
- Remove the stems of the fennel (save the fronds for garnish!). Cut the bulb down the center and remove the center core. Slice into paper thin slices with a mandoline or a sharp knife.
- Toast the walnuts in a pan until they start to become fragrant. Put the kale, fennel, and apple into a large salad bowl and crumble the toasted walnuts over the salad. Then add the grated parmesan cheese over the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk about 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil with about 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Add a small drizzle of sesame oil– a little goes a long way.
- Dress the salad and garnish with some fennel fronds. Toss and enjoy!